Introducing LiveCanvas 1.1
A hot update for the LiveCanvas WordPress plugin is out, enhancing performance and stability – and introducing some killer features.
One-click export to self-contained HTML file
You can now instantly export in one click the whole page you’re working on with LiveCanvas into a static HTML file – fully self-contained – which is created on the fly using the ultra-clean Bootstrap starter template.
This will have just the LiveCanvas-handled page content – without the WordPress header and footer – in a no-hassle, upload-where-you-want, WordPress independent file.
A lot of use cases can be imagined for this feature – for example, building a quick landing page or a coming soon page to put up on a domain – which at this point would not even need to run WordPress, so no PHP and MySQL necessary. And bomb-proof security.
Or in another scenario, you might have a WordPress local install on your computer, use LiveCanvas to make a HTML prototype of your project, and send via email the static file to a developer – or to a client so he can see how that page would look – without having to log-in somewhere.
Go to Options… > Download as HTML to give it a try!
Native Image Lazy Loading
Images are generally the heaviest part of a website, and can really make a big difference in the total weight of a web page – much more than the chosen CSS framework or other “geek-oriented” optimisations.
It works on Chrome only as of now – but it it’s already in LiveCanvas – just click an image and explore the “LOADING” selection.
The code editor gets autocomplete
…and a design revamp
The HTML code editor in LiveCanvas has been tweaked a bit – it’s now more functional than ever – and looks a bit better, for your HTML editing pleasure.
- The black bar can now be dragged to resize the code editor
- Autocomplete feature has been added
- New cobalt default theme
- Code editor gets translucent only after mouse-leave
- Editor preferences (Editor theme / font size) are now saved in browser
- Fixed a bug that would prevent code editor auto-closing to work after a saving, when clicking outside the editor.
Some more small tweaks have been done to the interface:
- A clearer saving message is shown upon saving
- CSS textarea and HTML attributes fields in the side panels gets a little styling
- Bugfix: IMGIX effects are now correctly shown only on UnSplash images.